People in the 21st century don’t look back on the early 1900s for good advice. Surprisingly, however, we can actually learn many things from the lost generation which are actually useful in our day to day life even now. Are you also interested in 100-year-old life hacks which are still as useful as it was, back then? Well, The New York Public Library has indeed digitised these 100-year-old life hacks found in the cigarette boxes. These tips are very practical useful enough to make anybody want to take notes.
Back in the days of 1900, cigarette cards for actually very popular collectables among all ages. They were included in every pack and displayed photos of celebrities and advertisements and many other things. Gallaher cigarettes is a company founded in the UK which produces tobacco. Once upon a time, it was the largest tobacco company in the world. They decided to print a bunch of how-to stuff which would be helpful for the people as well. This worked out as a great experiment as the prints on cards ranged from mundane tasks to even stopping a runaway horse. Some of the life hacks are so insanely clever that you couldn’t even imagine it in your wildest dreams. Like, who even knew that you could make a fire extinguisher at home itself? These 100-year-old tricks are too useful to know when it comes to the generation of now. “Old is Gold” is definitely a right saying.
The entire set of useful life hacks is now a part of the New York Public Library’s George Agents Collection. They really worked hard on collecting these 100-year-old car cigarette cards. You will be totally shocked after coming across the cleverest ones in this list.
1. Make suction do the work of extracting a splinter embedded in the hand for you.
2. A heated up knife can cut soft new flat into some really thin slices.
3. Using cold water and hot water to separate glass tumblers. Really clever.
8. Some useful cooking hacks for people who need.
9. If you want to judge if the weather is going to be rainy or not, watch a very distant small cloud. If it grows larger, unsettled rainy weather will probably come.
12. Keep your flowers from fading when you are sending them on a long journey, by using this simple trick.
Source: The New York Public Library