We know that vegetables are a very important part of our healthy life. But we usually don’t pay any heed to the peel offs. And let me tell you, there are certain veggies in your kitchen whose peel offs have worth too. In this article, I’ll tell you about the awesome benefits of onion peel, yes onion peels, that you probably didn’t know before!
Here are 12 awesome benefits of onion peel
1. The onion skin contains more anti-oxidants than the onion itself. It contains a pigment called quercetin which helps in reducing the blood pressure.
2. Eating the onion skin drastically reduces the chances of clogged arteries hence it prevents the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
3. Might sound a bit odd, but this also helps in breaking down the fat accumulation under the adipose tissue and prevents obesity!
4. The peel also has anti-carcinogenic properties which have a major role in preventing colon cancer.
5. It also helps in preventing the Type 2 Diabetes. And this is something that you should definitely include in your diet if you’re a Type 2 diabetic patient.
6. The skin has detoxing properties and hence helps in reducing gastrointestinal problems.