Our World is a vast one, I mean it is the only world that we know of till date (sorry aliens!). But, how much do we really know about this world? Do we know enough about it? Oh, please who are we kidding, beside the facts that we acquire from the famous Hollywood movies we don’t really indulge much. But, there are some facts even about the most famous countries in the world that would make your jaw drop! Check out these awesome facts about different countries in the world before packing your luggage!
These awesome facts about different countries in the world will actually make you feel like traveling the world right now!
1. Before you scratch your heads, Africa doesn’t go by just one name. It’s a continent people, not a country, it has 54 countries and covers a land area of 23,700,000 square miles.
2. Mediterranean sea wasn’t always a sea, rumor has it that it was once a huge desert that has changed into the sea over the course of 600,000 years.
3. Scotland, apart from ranging as the top country in the world for tourists to visit, Scotland is also a place for Island lovers, it consists of nearly 790 Islands.
4. Rich people need not worry about serving jail time, In China, the wealthy and Royalty can actually pay for their body doubles to serve their jail time.
5. I’ve always wanted to visit the Philippines (have you ever since a Filipino guy?), this beautiful country is made up of 7641 Islands.
6. Take that Pyramids of Egypt, Sudan has been home to over 200 pyramids and that’s way more than Egypt!7. All you McDonald’s lovers, can I please have your attention. Sweden is one such country where you can find the most number of McDonald’s than any country in Europe.
8. Apparently, this was the first country that realized that fire is indeed dangerous, Edinburgh was the first city to have its own Fire Brigade.
9. Greenland, I’ve been forever confused why is this ice-laden Island called Greenland, but did you know that Greenland is the largest Island in the world!
10. India definitely needs to see this post right now, you can find 99% of the world’s fresh water in Antarctica, and the least number of inhabitants live there, makes any sense?
11. Yes, you read that right, you can major in bra studies in China.
12. Coffee lovers, this one’s for you, Hawaii is the only place in the States to grow coffee commercially.