You like this girl/guy, you become their friends, then get promoted to the status of being their best friends, they share every single second with you, tell you everything. You’re all set to lay down your honest feelings and then suddenly, out of nowhere, BAM!! You’re friend zoned! Talk about pain, this is pure torture! Movies may make it look all glittery and pain-free but beware! the land of friend zone rests on the pillars of some rather harsh truths.*gulp*
If you have been through this hell, then you’ll totally get these painful truths of being in the burning fire of friend zone:
1. Getting dating advice from them is like being burned alive in hell
And all you want to say is, “Stop please, for the sake of my sanity, STOP!”
2. Their potential love interests are discussed with you. And you? Does ‘being stabbed to death’ sound relatable?
“Hello, right here! Consider me for a change!”
3. “You are like my little bro/sis.” And never have you wanted to live life as a deaf hobo more.
Hell on earth does exist!
4. Invisible man syndrome
They wanted someone exactly like you, just not ‘you.’ So basically you ceased to exist when they went to look for potential partners who are exactly like ‘you.’
5. When even your ‘I love you’ is met with a ‘You’re SO funny!!’
*heart breaking into million pieces*
6. But they are the ones to get jealous if you get into a relationship with someone else.
“Kill me! Anything is better than this confusion!”
7. Having the unwanted superpower to turn their ‘online’ to ‘offline.’
“Give up already you doofus!” says their last seen status to you.
8. You actually start sympathizing with Severus Snape.
“Am I supposed to pine for her forever?!”
9. They say hell has many levels, and so does the friend zone- presenting the never-ending abyss of being future zoned.
“If in 10 years I’m still single, we’ll get married, okay?” Congratulations on being their designated backup plan.
10. When you are the sole recipient of the special treatment- they are busy, that too just for you. How lucky!
And for every other douchebag, they crave? Free as a bird!
11. You’re constantly in the hopes of Snapchatting your way into their heart. Ah, the friend zone hides many harsh truths.
But somewhere in your heart, you know your status in their life- their long distance pen-pal.
12. Labeled as a loser for being so hopelessly in love with someone who shows zero interest in you.
Because everyone else is aware of your feelings except your ignorant love interest.
No matter what you do, you can neither outrun the friend zone or the unwanted harsh truths of this sinking ship, can you?