Family vacations are supposed to be refreshing and what not. You not only feel glad but also satisfied when everything goes well. But what if they don’t? What if the holiday you have been planning for a long time goes all wrong and all you get to be with is regret and disappointment? Well, I can speak on everyone’s behalf that when such things happen, we wish it never happened. And at times these vacations going all wrong are due to reasons that are funny, sad and what not at the same time.
These people share on Whisper how their family vacations made them glad they didn’t go on and these stories will remind you of your own!
1. “The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.” But you can talk about family vacations.
2. So twice you tried, yet you didn’t go or rather couldn’t. What happened after that?
3. I guess your father wasn’t glad about taking family vacations after that, right? And Peter Pan is actually a kid, why did your mother do that?
4. I bet you didn’t go back to the place ever again? I can’t imagine a life for two weeks without electricity.
5. I can totally relate to this. I mean haven’t we all been through this when it came to family vacations?
6. What on earth did I just read? These guys went for the vacation despite their Grandma dying on the way. What?
7. So, children, what do we learn from this? Do check your passports before planning for family vacations. Else, you won’t really be glad.
8. Hair in the fridge? Yuck. Also, do read reviews of the hotel you have booked yourself in. It helps you know. And you didn’t go back to the same place, right?
9. When Titanic happens in real life. And three days of straight walk, I can’t imagine how that must have felt like.
10. 9/11 was one tragedy which shouldn’t have ever happened. I am glad you people survived everything.
11. I bet you didn’t go camping with your dad ever again. And isn’t camping all about staying outdoors in a camp?
12. How did you all BEAR with the whole incident? #Okaysorry.
13. I can say family vacations aren’t really good for you. But this would make one great child story, right?
14. Your aunt did what? Didn’t you people sue her or anything for drugging you people?
15. I can totally understand why you didn’t go for anymore family vacations.
16. Um! you are one person I would never want to go vacation on. I am glad we don’t know each other.
17. Well, did anyone sing Let It Go while you puked?
18. You just made water slides undesirable for me. I mean who does this?
19. Maybe nature wasn’t glad when you took the vacation.
20. So literally you didn’t go back despite wanting to? That’s one of an outing, I must say.