A soulmate can be your close friend, a lover, or life partner, so it’s important to know that it doesn’t necessarily have a romantic connection. We often get confused between these two words and can have endless conversations around this to prove which is better. We start realizing the difference in our 20s and this is the time when life starts taking a weird turn. You lose loved ones, you meet a lot of temporary people, nothing feels right and you will find yourself in many dicey situations. We spend years with our besties but a point comes where everything starts changing. But there will be always some people with whom you have an inseparable relationship.
Here are the must-know differences between a soulmate and a friend. Let’s take a look!
1. Your soulmates know you better than you know yourself while your friends will only know a few things about you based on your interest and behavior.
2. There is a magical comfort level with your soulmates when you sit or have dinner with them. But with friends, you may or may not feel totally comfortable.
3. You may spend more time with your best friends but you know who your soulmates are. Even after you meet them or call them after years, you two will be the same person.
4. The lessons you learn from your soulmates
Your soulmates are like your family. They truly care about you and know what will work out for you for your relationship or your career. Your best friend may only look at your current situation and make a decision based on that.
5. The kind of understanding you share
When you meet your soulmate, it feels like you have known each other for the whole life. But when it comes to your life partner and friends, you may or may not feel this kind of deeper understanding.
6. Emotional attachment
With friends, you may need to explain yourself through words about your feelings. But with soulmates, you don’t even have to express yourself or speak about it. The emotional attachment between you two is enough to understand the situation.
7. Friends might disappear when you need them the most but your soulmate will always stand by your side in both good and bad situations.
8. Soulmates often realize that the relationship may not last long but when it comes to your life partner or your friends, their needs and attempts are very different as they work on specific goals.
Wouldn’t it be great if your best friend, life partner, and soulmate is the same person? It will be the most amazing thing you can ever have in your life but not all of us are so lucky.
Did this article make you think about the important people in your life? Just close your eyes for a few seconds and count the no. of people you have who will always stand by your side.