There are two kinds of parents, normal parents and Asian parents. But that’s not the worst part, the worst part is being raised by an Asian parent. Not only are they really overprotective about their children, they just can’t let go. From plastic bags to old clothes, everybody has to deal with their “I won’t let go of it” phase. And if you have been brought up by Asian parents, then these things are too damn real for you!
You just can’t deny going through these things if you were raised by Asian parents!
1. The dishwasher is precisely a storage cabinet and anything but a dishwasher.
2. While others had Hannah Montana up their wall Asian kids had these!
3. Even the dolls aren’t allowed inside the house with their shoes on.
4. Any kind of meal is incomplete without rice.
#growingupasian when you're at your friend's house and they're not eating rice with their meal pic.twitter.com/oUqr8gtqih
— 🇵🇭 (@keileighhh) October 10, 2016
5. Okay, this haircut is probably a personal favorite of all Asian parents.
#tbt my bowl cut days. #growingupasian pic.twitter.com/KtsRZMWVWK
— Jessica Duong (@jessicahduong) December 1, 2016
read also: Hilarious Parenting Hacks Told Through Even Funnier Tweets
6. You’re not an Asian if you didn’t stock these up at home.
That is how you stock up #asianparents pic.twitter.com/pDDZsay5Pu
— Ambrose (@ambr05e) June 24, 2013
7. The takeaway containers always are found ready to be used again.
#asianparents be like pic.twitter.com/JcRfpM7P8N
— ya$ (@_yayasalleh) August 2, 2015
8. These might look like normal household products for others. But Asian kids were terrified of these.
9. Asian home, where remote gets a dress too.
10. Family gatherings be like,
#GrowingUpAsian taking pictures at family gatherings felt like pic.twitter.com/VganzTBf4M
— joyle (@jylemanalo) July 4, 2016
11. No matter what it was like outside, hot water was always on the go.
#growingupasian is having one of these: pic.twitter.com/s1QPhDuAnH
— Kevin Hom (@timetogohom_e) July 7, 2016
12. Because Asian kids need to be smart.
13. Savage Mom.
Thanks mom…. ?? 😑😑 #AsianParents pic.twitter.com/ITlyAGpMf4
— Erica Chang (@echang2012) August 14, 2015
14. Tigerbalm can even save you from the apocalypse.
"'Mom i have a stuffy nose"
"i have a headache"
"my nose's bleedin"
— theint (@theintmyattie) July 23, 2017
When i was a kid i tried to chug a 2L coke bottle. But the inside was soy sauce. #asianparents
— peterzon rusol (@RusolR) October 7, 2017
16. Best gift ever!
Parents sent me a bag of almonds thinking they'll make me smarter #asianparents #magicofbadam pic.twitter.com/28DZTB3IQ1
— Shipppy (@shipppy26) May 10, 2013
17. I can definitely relate to this one.
#growingupasian When you meet old women who you have no relation to but your mom calls them your aunties.
— Jenkins Jenkpickle (@BlueDiamond_331) September 12, 2017
19. No wonder.
Hahahahahahahahaha #GrowingUpAsian pic.twitter.com/TwSmj63qOU
— Fatin Razak (@teynraz) October 25, 2016
20. You have to have a gift with you every time you visit anyone.
21. Now you want me to date?
Y U NO MARRIED YET?!#AsianParents pic.twitter.com/EGjCH8bRPL
— Martin Wong 📸 @ PAX EAST (@MartinWongPhoto) April 19, 2017
22. Starve yourself a day before any grand buffet.
23. When you get addressed by you full name in your native tongue.
24. But even if they don’t hug you or kiss you often, they love you more than anything.
25. Asian form of hello is, have you eaten anything yet?