Kids always try to match and copy their parents. This is one thing all of us have done at a certain stage of our lives. While growing up, we always wanted to be awesome as our mother and father. And it is completely justified. Kids idolize those who are worth. But the thing is, we at times don’t really catch up what our parents used to be or how their life was pre-parenthood. And when we come across stories or pictures, we get to know how cooler they used to be. Trust me, I have realized this way many times.
Here are 22 times when kids realized that their parents were way cooler than them!
1. “My Mom And Dad On Their Wedding Day – 1980” – Indeed your parents are cooler.
2. “My Dad Teaching Math In Southern California (The late 70’s/Early 80’s)”- Why as kids we never got a math teacher like that?
3. “My Dad And His Cousins, Back In The Day. I Don’t Think The Cool Gene Was Passed Down To Me”- Glad you realized that sooner.
4. “My Dad In France Is The ’70s (Ryan Gosling Might Need A Paternity Test)”- Can anyone contact Ryan Gosling? This is serious.
5. “I Found A Photo Of My Dad Cooking A Barbecue On Top Of A Moving Submarine”- This thing must have been cooler than it appears.
6. “My Dad, Taken For Surfer Magazine. Peru, 1977”- Did you ask your father for some tips?
7. “My Mother Skateboarding Barefoot In California In 1974”- A surfing dad followed by a skateboarding mother, parents being awesome AF.
8. “My Dad Skateboarding At Hyde School 1982. I Think He Was Cooler Than Me”- To be honest, you are thinking it right.
9. “My Dad In The 70’s Doing What He Loves. Father To 4 Boys. More Man Than Myth Or Legend”- If we can be even a quarter awesome as this guy, life will be sorted.
10. “A Friend Of My Father’s, Telling Off A Klan Member. Auburn AL, 1985”- How are we kids not like our parents?
11. “My Dad Being Infinitely Cooler Than I’ll Ever Be (1980)”- He is probably being cooler than anyone will ever be.
12. “Mom Thinks She Is So Hardcore In Her Fleetwood Mac Tank Top At Age 18, 1982”- No idea about hardcore, but she sure is pretty.
13. “My Mom When She Lived In Alaska With Her Husky Puppy, Okie”- Everything about this picture is beautiful.
14. “My Dad Wasn’t Famous, But His Moves Were Pretty Cool (1977)”- Being famous isn’t the thing, being cool is. Your father realized that.
15. “My Mom Working At Nasa, 1974”- You must be really proud of her.
16. “My Dad In Saudi Arabia In The 70’s Working As A US Military Contractor Diving In The Red Sea”- This guy literally looks someone straight out of a fantasy novel.
17. “My Mother And Father Being Young And Awesome On Santorini Island, Greece, 1985. I Was Conceived There”- That one thing I realized after seeing this is that love is always beautiful.
18. “My Mom Winning The Pie Eating Contest By Beating All The Boys, 1950”- Way to go, Mom!
19. “My Mother When She Was A Tank Instructor In 1984”- We kids will never be able to match the level of this awesomeness.
20. “My Dad Sculpting A Bust Of My Mom 1980s”- Falling in love with an artist is always beautiful.
21. “My Moms Selfie Before It Was Cool (1989)”- Your mom is the real MVP.
22. “My Mom At 16 Yrs Old With Her Camaro In 1975”- I am speechless.