If you think riddles are only for kids to solve, you’re living in a delusion. Solving a mind-bending question doesn’t need any age limit. And while it is an enjoyable activity, it also helps your brain muscles to flex. I mean I get it, going to the gym regularly is awesome, but doesn’t your brain need some workout as well? Sure it does. So once in a few days, do engage yourself in activities that involve deep thinking. As of now, let’s start with these awesome riddles.
1. Who makes it, but has no need of it. Who buys it, but has no use for it. Who uses it but can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
2. What 8 letter word can have a letter taken away and it still makes a word. Take another letter away and it still makes a word. Keep on doing that until you have one letter left. What is the word?
Starting (Staring, string, sting, sing, sin, in, I).
3. What loses its head in the morning, but gets it back in the night?
4. If you throw me out of the window, I’ll leave a grieving wife. Bring me back, but through the door, You’ll be giving someone a new life. What am I?
The letter “n”. (Window becomes widow and door becomes donor)
5. What is weightless, can be seen by the naked eye, and if put in a barrel will make it lighter?
6. Imagine that you are in a dark room with no windows and no doors. How do you get out?
7. What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
8. Each night I’m told what to do and each morning I do what I’m told, but I still don’t escape your scold. What am I?
9. I have keys that open no locks, I have space but no room, you can enter but can’t go in. What am I?
10. What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
11. What is a word made up of four letters, yet is made up of three, then with four, but rarely consists of six.
It’s a statement. ‘What’ has four letters, ‘yet’ has three, ‘then’ has four and ‘rarely’ has six letters. Awesome!
12. What starts with an “e” and ends with an “e” and contains only one letter?
And you thought riddles are easy.