Twins are no big thing to discuss but when it ‘s conjoined it really becomes a debatable issue. Here, conjoined means two people as one and this is not a love quote. Two people sharing the same body, or in simple words, it’s two heads on one body.
That’s amazing but also a very hard thing to adjust with. These twins are Abby And Brittany Hensel. They were born on March 7, 1990 New Germany, Minnesota.
Let’s take a look at their lives:
1. As conjoined twins, they share a body but they have separate vital organs. Each twin has a separate heart, stomach, spine, lungs and spinal cord.
2. Each twin controls her half of their body, operating one of the arms and one of the legs.
3. Growing up, learning how to crawl, clap or walk was difficult because they had to coordinate with the other.
4. The twins have different distinctive walks. Brittany tends to stand and walk on her tip-toes!
The reason being Brittany’s side of the body is taller than Abby.
5. Abby and Brittany’s parents immediately rejected the option to separate the twins because the doctors said it was likely that both would not survive the operation.
When they would look back to that day they would know that they had made the right decision.
6. When they turned 16, they agreed to let TLC into their home to film a documentary about their teenage years and they later got a TV show out of it!
And this is the reason they are the famous conjoined twins.