Celebrities are always under the scrutiny of the entire world thanks to the paparazzi. So it isn’t surprising they get caught lying more often than we do. Here are a few examples of such lies that were caught.
1. Steve Rannazzisi Lied About Being On The World Trade Centre During 9/11
The comedian told an elaborate lie to the public about being on the World Trade Centre during the 9/11 attacks. In reality, he was working in Manhattan and was nowhere near the Twin Towers on that fateful day. He later came clean and apologized to everyone for lying.
2. Zayn Malik Lied About His Reasons For Leaving One Direction
He told his fans that he wanted to live his life outside the spotlight for a while. And then he went on to release his solo album just weeks after quitting One Direction. So much for the quite life Zain.
3. Martha Was Caught Lying About Her Sale Of Stocks And Was Jailed For It
She got caught lying by the federal government after she sold her ImClone stocks in 2001 right before its price dropped. Insider trading helped her get hold of this information and she quickly got rid of her stocks to save her money. It was all illegal of course and she had to serve time for it.
4. Taylor Swift Told Everyone That She Didn’t Want To Be Used As A Narrative For Kanye’s Song Famous. She Got Caught Lying Of Course!
Unbeknownst to her, Kim Kardashian had recorded the conversation in which Kanye asked Taylor permission to involve her in his song which she had gladly given.
5. Meg And Jack White Of The White Stripes Got Caught Lying About Their Relationship
They told everyone in the 90s that they were siblings. They’re not! They’re actually married! They confessed that they made this elaborate lie up so that people would take them and their music more seriously.
6. Justin Bieber Got Caught Lying About His Rented Jet
He posted selfies on his social media during Christmas eve in a jet, making it look like he had just bought his own private jet. The jet was actually on rent for Christmas and Bieber had nothing to do with its ownership.
7. Bow Wow Lied About Flying In A Private Jet When He Was Actually Flying Coach
He posted a picture of his supposed private jet on Instagram but was later exposed by a fellow traveller on Snapchat. That must have been really embarrassing for him.
8. Britney Spears Lied About Saving Herself For Marriage
There was a time when Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were a power couple. In an interview, Britney had stated that she and Justin were waiting to get married before hitting the sack. That was all a lie and the one who exposed it was Justin Timberlake himself!
9. Britney Spears’ Instagram Food Picture
Spears posted a picture she ripped off from a food website and posted it on her Instagram as her own. She was mocked and ridiculed by everyone on social media for days due to that blunder.
10. Terrence Howard Lied About His Ph. D In Chemical Engineering On Jimmy Kimmel Live!
It was all a big fat lie to promote his upcoming business venture.
11. Miley Cyrus Lied About Her Marriage With Liam Hemsworth
Miley shocked her fans when she told them that she and Liam ‘were‘ married. It was later revealed by her PR that the engagement had broken off a long time ago.
12. Parish Hilton Claimed That She Was The Inventor Of The Selfie
Her claims were refuted by the general public when they pointed out examples of selfies that were taken over two centuries ago!