Facebook, the greatest social network passed the mark of 2 billion active users a few days ago. It took only 5 years to reach 2 billion after hitting the magic figure of 1 million. 2 billion makes it the largest social application followed by Youtube’s number of 1.5 billion users and Wechat’s 889 million.
You may also like: Trash Doves Meme Goes Viral On Facebook. Whats’up With This Purple Bird Sticker?
Here are 21 Amazing Facebook Facts and Statistics you need to check out.
1. Facebook just hit 2 billion users. That is around 28% of the total World population.
2. More than 80% of people using it are from outside of the United States of America and Canada.
3. On an average, it is used by over around 1.28 billion people every day.
4. Facebook has over 1.94 average monthly users. This means that most of the people haven’t left Facebook. They revisit Facebook more than once in a day.
5. It employees around 18,770 people all around the world.
6. Almost 86% of the daily active users are outside of the USA and Canada.
7. Asia Pacific is the largest contributor of its users. Around 500 million people from this region use the website.
8. European countries have over 300 million people who use the social media platform.
9. The Facebook’s ecosystem is stuffed with apps.
Whatsapp has over 1.2 billion active users. Today, Whatsapp hit a record of 1 billion daily active users.
Instagram has an audience of over 700 million users.
Over 1.2 billion people use the Facebook’s messaging app, Messenger.
10. In every second, there are around 20,000 people using the social website. This means that in around 18 minutes, the number escalates to a whopping amount of 11 million users.
11. On an average, around 486,183 people access the website from their mobile phones.
12. There is one new member added to the Facebook family every 8 seconds.
13. Every 60 seconds, 3 million posts are added on the website.
14. Every minute, over 150,000 messages are sent.
15. Every 10 minutes, over 100,000 requests are sent.
16. There are around half a million likes every minute.
17. It generates a revenue of $1.4 million every hour.
18. Around 73% of its revenue comes from advertisements seen via mobile phones. It earns around $2.5 billion a quarter from mobile advertising.
19. 350 million photos are uploaded on the website every day.
20. On an average, users spend around 21 minutes every day on this social media website.
21. On an average, people spend around 927 million hours playing games on the website.