Having a verified account on Twitter doesn’t automatically give you a “right all the time” pass. Famous people never seem to realise that. Here are a few cases where they embarrassed themselves badly in front of the whole world.
1. When Kylie Jenner Made Fun Of A Mental Illness
Being bipolar does not mean you can’t decide what kind of hair you want. That just means you’re being indecisive. Kylie received a lot of backlash from her fans for this tweet.
One user wrote
“That was 100% the dumbest and most ignorant use of the word bipolar.”
Her tweet was also deemed inappropriate and an insensitive expression by a spokesperson of the National Alliance of Mental Illness.
Famous people can mess up real bad sometimes.
2. Neil deGrasse Tyson Tweeted That BB-8 From The Force Awakens Was An Unrealistic Bot
Little did Tyson know that the crew of The Force Awakens had actually built a prototype BB-8 which rolled on the sand perfectly without tumbling.
The prototype runs via remote control and it was shown on video by the Star Wars crew that it operates perfectly in real life.
3. Famous People Such As Gwyneth Paltrow Should Really Do Some Research Before Going On A Twitter Rant
In reality, a single unemployed person is liable to get around $48 a week in SNAP benefits and more if they have a family.
That must have been very embarrassing for Gwyneth!
4. Jim Carrey And His Inaccurate Tweet About Mercury Poisoning
Here’s how it works, the mercury found in fish is methylmercury, which can build up in your body if you regularly eat fish with high levels of mercury. That’s harmful to your health. The mercury in thimerosol is ethylmercury which is only administered once into your body via vaccine and it breaks down easily as compared to methylmercury.
Famous people like Jim will only lose fans if they keep this up.
5. Neil deGrasse Tyson Back At It Again!
Makes sense right? A helicopter whose rotors aren’t turning must fall down instantaneously. Wrong! Helicopter pilots can safely land a chopper even with dead engines using autorotation. One Youtuber called Destin Sandlin from Smarter Everyday proved this with an actual helicopter.
It was pretty cool too!
6. Courtney Love Cobain Claimed That Flight MH370 Was Right In Front Of Us
Flight Mh370 is yet to be found.
7. Trump And His ‘Problem’ With Wind Turbines
He claimed that wind turbines would be the downfall of America.
Looks like he hasn’t heard about oil spills and toxic waste killing aquatic as well as birdlife. That’s the American president for you.
8. Debra Messing Was A Little Too Late To Mourn The West African Rhino’s Extinction
The West African Rhino was officially declared extinct in 2011. Where will humanity stop?