The idea of living alone is enough to scare the hell out of the majority of brave hearts out there. But that is the phase which shapes out our personalities and let us know what we are made of. While our parents and no good ‘well-wishers’ are quick the instil the fear and potentials hazards that living on your own is sure to bring. But an LA- based illustrator, Yaoyao Ma Van As, has expertly debunked these myths with her beautiful illustrations of sum up the wonders of living alone, all by yourself.
Picking up the smallest perks of solitude, these illustrations are going to make you look forward to the experience of living alone:
- Time to appreciate the beauty of the darkest of nights.
- Playing hide-seek with your best friend.
- No distractions while you lose yourself in the land of magical words.
- The principal advantage? Being a night owl or an early bird is all up to you.
- Sipping one wonder of nature while admiring another. Heaven!
- Spending time with your beloved- FOOD!!! Live the dream.
- Ballet, hip-hop, choose to twirl anyway you want, no judging eye there!
- Excel in the art of… doing NOTHING without anyone around to reprimand you.
- Nights are the best- you get to cuddle with the love of your life.
- The perk of living as you want- which includes being clumsy as hell sometimes.
- Learning that happiness resides in the most trivial moments.
- With no one to demand a share in your time, those long, relaxing baths are so in!
- Having a blast EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. And that too in your PJs. Is that perfect or what?
- Enjoy the sound of your feet amidst the lush of the woods, set your soul free!
- Eating your favourite food every day with no one pointing out the depth of your obsession.
- When mornings become a constant wonder to marvel at.
- Enjoying some quality time with your awesome personality as a companion.
- Cleaning like you’re going to break records, and make it look like art too. These illustrations are dead-on when it comes to describing a living alone scenario.
- The best feeling in the world? Waking up to your pup. *gooey-eyed*
- Defining your own rules when it comes to ‘fine dining.’
- Making a mess will never be more fun.
- Immerse yourself in creating your own masterpiece.
- When it is pouring outside and you etch your dreams on its blank slate.
- Making the smallest decision and having the fun of your life while doing it.
- Taking time out to look in wonder at the happiness life has bestowed on you.
When fate gives you the lemon of living alone, these illustrations prove that you end up making the most of it. So, never fear sweethearts. March on!
Images Source: Bored Panda
Also Read: Secret Comic Illustrations Of Everyday Life Between Girlfriend And Boyfriend