One of the traditions that have been going on for centuries is to wear a wedding dress. But to bestow luck upon the bride she must borrow a dress from someone from her family or relatives. But this tradition is getting lost somewhere with all the new fashionable wedding gowns. People no longer want an old-fashioned dress for their wedding. But there is one bride-to-be who strongly believes in this tradition and decided to surprise her grandmother by wearing a 1960’s wedding dress!
23-year-old bride-to-be Jordan Cleverly wanted to surprise her grandmother by wearing her wedding gown from 1962, when she had married her childhood sweetheart.
But it wasn’t just about the dress, Jordan wanted to pay a tribute to her granny, and so she kept this a surprise until till the rehearsal dinner.
She wanted to wear this dress only when she walked down the aisle. But then she changed her mind and decided to hold a first look photo shoot. Isn’t that a sweet gesture?
Photographer Kortney Peterson was to capture the beautiful moment when Jordan walked in for the rehearsal dinner and the look on her grandma’s face says is all. It is probably the sweetest face you’ll see, and indeed it is a very special moment for both of them!
This is how Jordan’s grandma reacted when she found out the surprise!
1. This dress doesn’t look old at all!
2. The original photograph from May 1962, when Jordan’s grandma got married to her childhood sweetheart.
3. Grandma Penny was caught up in tears when she saw her granddaughter wearing her dress after years!
4. I can only guess that she had memories coming rushing back towards her.
5. This first look is not unlike any other first look ever. Such a moment for both of them!
6. She fixes her grand daughter’s dress before the rehearsal dinner begins.
7. The sweet moment had everybody in tears.
“I didn’t want her to see the dress for the first time walking down the aisle and just start sobbing and have all those memories come back to her” Jordan said to Huffpost.
She really made everyone especially her Grandma speechless and emotional. Everybody had teary eyes upon seeing the two of them rejoicing in the past and future.
She looks absolutely beautiful and mesmerizing in that dress! And why not, vintage after all!